-->

Tuesday 20 June 2017

Throwback to classic styles in fbb Femina Miss India

Hello beautiful ladies!

The fbb Colors Femina Miss India 2017, most awaited beauty pageant of this year is just around the corner and I can't stop thinking what to wear to the event. I have been looking up at former Femina Miss India events to get a hang of which styles have dominated the ramp and set the stage on fire. I happened to pick top 5 looks of Femina Miss India from the last 5 years. The looks are as follows:

1. Femina Miss India 2012
I loved Vanya Mishra's midnight blue outfit during the crowning moment. The colour is super elegant and the sequin work on it is gorgeous enough to die for. I like the way in which it accentuates the shape of her body with those geometric asymmetric stripes. She, as against the usual trend of tieing her hair up into and updo went for open hair look which made her stand out. I like the way this Miss India chose to differ from the rest with her hair style.



Vanya Mishra, Femina Miss India 2012

2. Femina Miss India 2013
Navneet Kaur Dhillon was the winner in this year. I saw the Grand Finale of this year on YouTube and was thrilled by her every look in all the rounds. While she stunned every one in the final round with her gorgeous golden gown, I was intrigued by her outfit in the fbb round. She wore an animal print skater dress with peep toe heels. To draw attention to her tender waist line, she further added a sleek belt. I just love how this timeless this look is. It works even today, 4 years after she was crowned and would definitely work even after a decade. After all, animal prints can never go out of trend. They are the new black.



Navneet Kaur Dhillon, Femina Miss India 2013 

3. fbb Femina Miss India 2014
This year, the beautiful girl from Jaipur, Koyal Rana was crowned as the winner. It was she who represented India in the Miss World pageant that year. She is one of the most beautiful Miss India we have had in this decade. I really wished she should have won the crown of Miss World as I believe she deserved it. During her crowning, she had worn a red gown with sequin detailing in gold. Now, that was a striking dress with a perfect combination. Me being an Aries and red being the colour of Aries, I fell in love at first sight with her dress. The sultry fabric did the job of making her look all the more elegant and sexy.

Koyal Rana, fbb Femina Miss India 2014

4. fbb Femina Miss India 2015
The winning lady this year, was a tall beauty with captivating eyes. She was Aditi Arya! In her final round, she wore a multi colour dress having a mix of purple and blue. The flare of the dress got me drooling over it for a long time. It seemed like an indo western outfit with cuts that make you wonder if it's a saree or a dress. I think a dress like this is quite creative and a must have in your wardrobe girlies.

Aditi Arya, fbb Femina Miss India 2015


5. fbb Femina Miss India 2016
Last year, Priyadarshini Chatterjee, the short hair beauty from Assam was crowned as Miss India. Be it the elegance with which she carried herself in the swimsuit round, the talent with which she interacted with Sharukh Khan, the grace with which she walked, the poise with she stood or the sheer brilliance with which she nailed the question answer round, everything makes her my favourite and hence puts her on this list. She was perfect with her every look in all the rounds. The sheer dress that she wore in the final round is like a dream outfit for me. Her pearl drop earrings, soft wavy hair and fabulous makeup are what make this look my most favourite one. The look is so perfectly balanced out. Nothing is overpowering, everything is simply seamless and flawless about it.

Priyadarshini Chatterjee, fbb Femina Miss India 2016

Out of all of these looks, I gave a try to recreate two of them. While, I would tell you about how I styled them differently, you will have to guess in the comments section which two fbb Femina Miss India looks are these of. That way I will know if I really succeeded in doing them well.

1. Egyptian Goddess
The first look is inspired from the red and gold tones of the Miss India's dress. While I am wearing a simple solid red maxi dress, I gave a twist to the outfit by styling it with chunky gold accessories. The chained choker with Egyptian hand cuff helped me get a royal look. I went for a golden bronze eye look and contrasted it with a bold marsala lip colour. Everything put together helped me bring out the glam quotient that was needed to match that of the Miss India who sported this look.





2. White Leopard
Leopard prints never go out of style. I styled this a line cold shoulder shift dress with my boots to get a chic look like the Miss India who wore it. Instead of pinching my waist with a belt the way she did, I ditched the belt and decided to retain the a line shape of it. The boost are a twist as against her peep toe heels. I left my tresses open and went for a very natural look. I kept any form of chunky jewellery away to keep the look feeling sober and classic. Even the watch I wore was a silver classic with round dial and adorned by ears with silver timeless studs. 
Let me know which one turned out to be the best and the names of the Miss Indias who wore these dresses, chicas!





Let me know which one turned out to be the best and the names of the Miss Indias who wore these dresses, chicas!







10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ruchi. Your words of encouragement always push me to give my best darling.

      Delete
  2. Loved that Maxi dress look much dear, so well written. Researched Post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, i am glad you loved it! It is my favourite too. The post did require a lot of research indeed.

      Delete
  3. Very well written dear! Love both the looks

    Loads of love,
    Liza

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Liza for showering your love on my blog every time.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. My blogpost is not complete without your comment dear. Thanks a tons.

      Delete
  5. Very well written blog.. I loved the 1st look of yours.. Very Elegant!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear. Come back for more amazing stuff!

      Delete